Saturday, August 25, 2012

Grateful Beliefs November 2011


P.S.;
Here’s the November 2011 Spiritual Beliefs I cited in my letter:

What am I grateful to believe now (11-11) …

Even though I see horrible things in the worldI can pray to my Heavenly Father hoping He IS there.

Even though it might not make sense, I can thank Heavenly Father for good people and happenings in my life and feel my heart swell with gratitude.

Even though, for the moment, I may not feel God’s presence, I can know that this too will pass, the lights will come back on, and I will be immersed in reassurance.

Even though I may wonder and wander and question, I can expand my spirituality, get personal revelation, seek to do God’s will, and be an instrument in his hands.

Even though I may not comprehend how Heavenly Father’s individual plan can coexist with free agency, I can bask in the strength of faith that all things have a mystical thread of purpose and ultimately come together in a beautiful tapestry.

Even though it may be hard to conceive that Jesus is the living Savior of the universe, I can give hope a place in my heart for the light of the Resurrection and his redeeming love (as found in the Christmas sky and manger below).

Even though I don’t subscribe to the labels of sin, evil, and repentance, I can comprehend the underlying semantics—unskilled behavior, ways and patterns and addictions to be overcome, delusions, unconsciousness, and the human capacity to tip life’s scale of nature vs nurture to be more.

Even though the thought of being Mormon can make me feel claustrophobic, I feel the intense conflict gay Mormon friends undergo, and the thought bringing everyone into Mormon Zion weirds me out, I can celebrate the beauties of Mormonism—the tangible thickness of the Holy Spirit in the temple, the friendliness and positivity of down to earth authentic members at church, the peace within a Church building itself, the Spirit in the Book of Mormon, the awesomeness of visit teaching, and the good hearted service of Church leaders and members.

Even though being Mormon can seem so constrained, I am free to be Trisha first and incorporate other avenues of achieving peace, happiness, and love into my life.

I can pray to Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus that I can be still pool of water, like Buddha.

I can relish the luscious consciousness of Yoga.

I can feel the purity of healthy vegetarian living.

Within my own personal mass, I can look to Mother Mary’s softness and power.

I can let myself rejoice in the richness and power of an African American choir.

I can feel the Native American’s freedom and repose in the stars.

I don’t care about The truth, I care about Truth.



2 comments:

CamiKay said...

I'm relishing reading your blog! It's taken me from a kind of blah mood this morning to feeling excited and ready to face the day. Not trying to sound cheesy here, but the word that pops into mind is 'life-affirming'. Gotta jump off this train and head into work but I'm coming back for more later! You're amazing. When are you visiting me?

RJ said...

Oh my Trisha, how I miss you!